The migration of information technology services might sound an intimidating turn of phrase, but it really is just a natural part of your development as a business. These types of transitions can happen for a number of reasons, but the most common reason is for an upgrade in services. Migration itself is a routine part of expanding your business resources, but the proper execution of the process takes an experienced and expert hand.
The Be Structured Technology Group are experts in the migration to the Office 365 suite of services. At this point, we have moved thousands of user mailboxes to Office 365 and can do the same for your business. Across several industries, Office 365 has gained the reputation of Microsoft’s fastest growing business venture yet. It has become exceedingly popular for its’ various features and reliable service.
What Does Office 365 Offer To Me?
Microsoft defines Office 365 as, “an integrated experience of apps and services, designed to help you pursue your passion and grow your business.” That might just sound like good advertising, but the advantages it offers are real. This subscription service will give you access to apps like:
- Sharepoint Online
- Skype for Business
- And even more…
All of these services and applications will be updated monthly with the latest advances and fixes, at no additional charge to you.
Why Do I Need Be Structured To Help Me?
When you look at all of the advantages that come with Office 365, you might wonder what holds businesses back from just adopting it all on their own. The truth is that data migration might be common, but that doesn’t mean it’s simple. A reliable migration plan can be difficult to build when you are running your business at the same time.
If you are moving to a new house, wouldn’t it be nice to hire a professional moving company to show up and take care of everything for you? That same philosophy applies to the Office 365 migration path. When you hire Be Structured, we can manage the entire process with our practiced Office 365 migration steps.
Let Us Manage The Process
One of the reasons that businesses hesitate to make the move to Office 365 is that they don’t know where to start and don’t have the time to learn. One of our core values at Be Structured has always been providing services that allow our customers to focus on their own goals and objectives. We are a service provider and we are here to support the functions of your business.
Exchange mailboxes are among the most commonly used email services across several industries. Migrating mailboxes from older versions of Exchange Online to the Office 365 productivity suite is a well-traveled path for us at this point. We can create a migration plan for your business that will allow you have access to your new technology quickly and with as little disruption in your typical operations as possible.
Every migration is unique to the company that we are working with, but there are some steps that are universal. It begins with an active directory that maps out your present data so we can ensure that everything is transferred completely and re-formatted correctly to work in your new applications. We always want to make your migration process as seamless as possible. With us, you can feel confident that your data will be migrated in its entirety and accurately.
Ways To Prepare for Office 365 Migration
Be Structured Technology Group will be able to handle the entire migration process for you, but there are some ways you can make the process easier for us to put in action. Here are some questions to think about before we show up with our migration tools to begin.
- What is your current email service?
- Your current email solution will heavily influence your options for migration. Many Office users typically already use Outlook, but that is not always the case and knowing in advance will help us deliver more effective results.
- Do all of your users have Office 2010 or newer?
- This makes a difference because your users might have to get upgrades before we can even start the migration process which can take up a lot of time. If we try to migrate your services with the older versions, you will likely have issues and run the risk of losing data.
- What devices and applications do you have that rely on your current email service?
- It will help to have an inventory of any services and devices that are linked to your current email solution. Without it, after the migration, you will have hardware failure as printers and scanners start sending your documents to a source that no longer exists.
- What is your password security posture like currently?
- Many offices do not have a password policy in place. If you don’t, it is likely that some of your users have passwords like “Password01.” These are not effective ways to protect your data, which is why Office 365 requires complex passwords. You’ll need to be prepared to create and remember new passwords.
- Does your business use calendar sharing frequently?
- The permissions on calendar sharing might not automatically transfer to Office 365, so your business will need to have a backup plan in place to protect crucial appointments and avoid missed assignments.
- Are there any other new features you would like to implement along with the migration?
- We have a library of technological products and managed services that are available to any customer. An Office 365 migration can be an excellent time to start a lasting relationship with Be Structured Technology Group.
Contact us today to start talking about your migration to Office 365.