Los Angeles Managed Services and Outsourced IT Solutions
Small and midsized businesses such as yours might occasionally encounter IT issues that will require a third-party service provider to fix. Although this fee-for-service method can be effective for solving one-time problems, it’s reactive IT. In contrast, Be Structured’s managed IT services deliver proactive maintenance—we identify and fix problems before they cost you downtime. Basically, we look after every aspect of your IT so you can focus on what you do best: running a successful business.
What Are Managed Services?
With managed services, Be Structured handles all IT operations for one fixed, monthly rate. This means no surprises or hidden costs. We get it: Running a business isn’t easy. We believe that small businesses deserve excellent IT support despite smaller technology budgets.
Benefits of Managed Services
- Peace of mind: Because we monitor all your systems 24/7/365, we discover and fix problems before they negatively affect your business. We protect your systems from viruses, hackers, spyware, and even disgruntled employees. You also won’t deal with unpredictable invoices for IT—with managed services, we keep costs stable and predictable.
- Faster performance, fewer error messages, practically zero downtime: Some parts of your system inevitably degrade in performance over time, causing them to slow down, hang up, and crash. Under our managed services plan, we ensure your network receives the critical maintenance necessary for maximum speed, performance, and reliability.
- Focus on the business, not the technology and the vendors: We take care of your systems and suppliers. We manage all the contacting, procuring, and onboarding so you don’t have to. We also provide the best, most strategic advice regarding how technology can affect your bottom line. Just like your best division heads do, we conduct a quarterly business review in which you receive a thorough status report, recommendations for planning and budgeting purposes, advice on vendor management and procurement, and other executive-level decisions. Your growth should be your primary concern, so we make it our primary concern as well.
Why Choose Be Structured's Managed Service Plan?
- Less computer downtime: Our proactive monitoring systems help prevent the majority of issues before they turn into full-blown problems. We aim for reliability and keep systems updated so there are minimal disruptions to your company’s communication with important customers and clients.
- Faster response time: We’re a team of experts, so no more waiting around for that “one guy” to get around to addressing your problem. We share robust documentation of our clients’ systems so anyone on the helpdesk team (and their supervisors) can solve issues.
- Efficient issue resolution: Because we resolve issues remotely, there’s no need to wait for a technician to arrive on site. We serve clients throughout Los Angeles and Orange counties, and we also work with multiple-office clients. And if we determine the need to show up on site, we do!
- Secure data, reliable data: If you’re like most of our clients, data—and ability to store, access, and secure it—is of utmost importance. We ensure you have a solid backup and disaster recovery plan.
- Better budget management: Because we charge a fixed monthly fee, you won’t be hit with billing surprises. Managed services are an all-you-can-eat structure—predictable and easy to manage. Whether you call on us six or 60 times, your bill is the same amount every month.
- Your goals are our goals: With “break-fix” or time and materials arrangements, you call on an IT vendor when something needs fixing (and it’s usually an expensive fix, not to mention downtime costs). It’s not a win-win scenario when vendors get paid only when something breaks, because they are not motivated to keep things running. However, with the fixed fee structure, it’s in Be Structured’s best interest to proactively serve you—we will get the job done right the first time.
- Your own IT department at a fraction of the cost: For one-third to one-half of the salary of a full-time IT person, you get your own helpdesk team and CIO/CTO. You also receive 24/7 remote monitoring, patch management, antivirus measures, anti-spam measures, message archiving, and other proactive maintenance and tools. We include all this in Be Structured’s managed services—things that otherwise would be an out-of-pocket cost (in addition to that IT person).
- We grow with you: A member of our executive leadership team will meet with you and review the business on a quarterly basis. This may include our CEO, CTO or CSO. We also can look ahead and structure your IT to suit your needs up to a year in the future. Whether you’re expanding, moving, or shifting strategies, Be Structured can help.
- Time and energy to focus on your business: We are your IT department and take care of all things IT: vendor management, procurement, software updates, data security, industry compliance—everything! Our goal is to run your IT department so well that you don’t need to worry about it, thus returning your focus on running a successful business.
- A team of great people: Our staff works with you to make technology enhance your operation instead of hinder it. Our helpdesk specialists are hired on their ability to work with people, not just with the technology.
How Are Managed Services Priced?
Be Structured schedules a flat-rate monthly fee based on the number of full-time knowledge workers and the size of your backup footprint. This predictable fee gives you:
- Proactive technology management (24/7 monitoring, software updates, antivirus, and onsite and offsite/cloud backups)
- Network administration (skilled system administrators and centralized reports and documentation)
- Reactive support services (helpdesk service, unlimited onsite and remote support, customer portal, and on-call after-hours support)
- Technology consulting (tech planning/budgeting, quarterly business reviews, vendor management/purchasing)
Our managed services are designed to provide comprehensive coverage—as if you have your own IT department—for the fraction of the cost.
Managed Services vs. Break-Fix
With a traditional “break-fix” or time and materials IT agreement, you pay for service as emergencies arise. Essentially, you wait until some aspect of your IT fails, then call someone who will charge to fix the problem. For some businesses, this is an adequate standard procedure, but for many others, it is cause for alarm. You may think you’re saving money, but when the inevitable problem does occur, the fix is expensive. Moreover, the downtime costs you productivity time as you wait for the fix.
The premise behind the break-fix approach is inherently flawed in that the IT support company only gets paid if something breaks. If the provider does too good of a job, it’s denying itself future business. In a managed services structure, our goals are aligned with your goals, and getting the job done right the first time is in our best interest as well as yours..
This philosophy is why managed services deals are preferred by companies that value data and employee productivity. Additionally, budgeting for your IT becomes easier because it’s a flat fee every month, no matter what happens.
A managed services plan focuses on prevention of issues before they disrupt employees or clients. This relationship structure allows us to truly be your IT department—we are motivated to keep your business running, improve productivity, and plan for your growth.
In addition, Be Structured offers technology consulting to our managed services clients. Daily IT support is paramount to keep the business running, but strategic planning provides a long-term vision of where technology can take your organization. Chad Lauterbach, our founder and president, is passionate about making technology a crucial pillar of growth for small businesses. Every quarter, Chad meets with our clients’ leadership to make sure strategic decisions regarding IT align with their company growth plans.
When you consider the real cost of downtime, emergency fixes, and inadequate fixes, Be Structured can offer better service without charging more. Because we employ remote monitoring, offer remote maintenance, and prevent major issues, Be Structured is more efficient (and faster!) than a similar break-fix company.
OK, we get it: A monthly bill may not be exactly what you are looking for. But the advantages our managed services are well worth the expense. We perform the responsibility of an entire IT department at the fraction of the cost. And we align our goals with your goals—everyone benefits when things don’t break. Managed services create a true, beneficial partnership to keep you focused on running your business.
For some SMBs that have the time and energy to put out every single fire, a break-fix system is enough. But for businesses that decide that strong technology infrastructure and good maintenance are critical to securing data, improving employee performance, and supporting business growth, Be Structured’s managed services plan is the way toward IT excellence.